Monday, June 13, 2005

Lemon herb soup

Lipton used to make a great soup mix that allowed me to make reliably yummy satisfying chicken with great sauce to spoon over the carrots in 20 minutes. I'm going to try to recreate it.

Here's what was definitely in the mix: chicken base, lemon, sugar and herbs (see below).

Mom suggests Wyler's chicken granules. I suggest I never again try thickening with cornstarch -- it tasted like lemon-flavored glue.

It probably had two or more of the following (though Mom says probably not many of them, so as not to muddy the flavors): Dill, chives, parsley, tarragon, rosemary, thyme. Garlic powder also possible.

The recipe is as follows: Flour and brown the chicken in butter, 4 min each side; add the soup and carrot slices and simmer 10 minutes.

If I can make a jar of the soup mix....!

No comments: