Sunday, June 12, 2005

Tortilla soup/stirfry/spaghetti plan

Tastiess on this plan rates high, though the stirfry needed more sauce (too much oil was left in the wok to make proper sauce) and one must really reheat the meatballs good and hot or they're not tasty. But even so, I did not get bored and they were good.

So, truly, it has boiled down to two nights' cooking for a full week of food (and by two nights I mean not full, exhausting kitchen sessions, but an hour's work and then a normal evening when you can actually get something else done before going to bed).

Price: $52
Meals: 14 -- $3.70 per meal
Difficulty: An hour the first night, half-hour the second night -- acceptable for high yield
Yield: High
Tastiness: Excellent.

The hero of this week is the tortilla soup. It made six portions, and I had an appetite for it whether it was lunch, evening or sinus-headache morning, because of its sweet spicy garlicky chickenyness. And really, not that hard to make a giant pot -- or rather, not much harder to make a giant pot if you're going to make a little.

Since I am still enjoying not having to cook, I will take a break until, perhaps, Tuesday -- and I need to come up with more recipes. Garlic-Rosemary Chicken and enchiladas verdes are two possibilities, but I don't have reliable recipes for them, which is where I usually trip up! Plus, I need a third and maybe a fourth recipe.

No comments: