Tuesday, January 02, 2007

To try: Amy's Waldorf Salad

My buddy Amy made the recipe at bottom for a party and I liked it; I think I could get two fruity lunches out of it. It's supposed to store in the fridge 2 days; here's my attempt at a quarter-recipe with simplified ingredients (i.e., stuff I have on hand; if this works, I should be able to make two lunches by buying only two apples and a small bunch of grapes). The full recipe is given below. (Lemon juice is sometimes added.)

1 red Delicious apple, coarsely chopped
1 yellow Delicious apple, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup seedless grapes, red or green
1/8 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup Miracle Whip
1 1/3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp melted butter
1 Tbsp sugar

Mix the last 4 ingredients; toss with the fruit and nuts.

Full recipe (serves 8 to 10):

4 red Delicious apples, coarsely chopped
4 yellow Delicious apples, coarsely chopped
1 cup seedless grapes, red or green
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup Miracle Whip
1/3 cup half and half
3 Tbsp sugar

Mix the last 3 ingredients; toss with the fruit and nuts.

No comments: