Monday, January 08, 2007

To try: Simple Salmon Croquettes a la Amy

My nutritionist buddy says this is a good way to get brain-food fish
into kids' diet. I (of course) modified her healthy recipe, subbing
store-bought garlic breadcrumbs for the plain crumbs, herbs and
spices she included, but I did leave her wheat germ in so I don't
think I'm being too evil. Now if I only knew where to buy wheat germ
(leaping feet-first into health isn't easy!)

She also says Spanish olive oil is healthier than others, I'm
guessing something to do with the way it's produced.

14.75 oz canned salmon
4 Tbsp wheat germ
1/2 cup garlic breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp oil
2 eggs


Mash all ingredients up with a fork. Form into patties or small
balls. Cook over medium heat 5-7 min (depending on size), or bake at
425 for 8-15 min.

No comments: